When installing or updating the plugin you get the error: Could not create directory
That error indicates that WordPress is unable to create the directory to install the plugin in the /wp-content/plugins folder.
This error is not related specifically to this plugin at all.
Usually this error is caused by a server permissions error. WordPress does not have the permission to create the directory for some reason.
Try changing the wp-content/plugins folder permissions to 755. You may need to contact your hosting provider if you continue to experience problems.
Rate this Article
- Getting Started
- Software Licenses
- Contact Form 7 – Recurring Payments Pro
- Contact Form 7 - PayPal & Stripe Add-on Free
- Contact Form 7 - PayPal & Stripe Add-on Pro
- Easy PayPal Button Pro
- Easy PayPal Events Pro
- Easy PayPal Gift Certificate Pro
- Easy PayPal Shopping Cart Pro
- Known issues
- PayPal Donation Pro
- PayPal Subscriptions & Memberships Pro
- Contact Form 7 - Redirect & Thank You Page Pro