Setting Up IPN Notifications on PayPal
The following procedure describes how to specify and activate the URL for your IPN listener in your PayPal profile.
IPN URL: Your IPN URL is usually your website URL. So if your site is http://example.com, then that would also be your IPN URL. This could change however if you have WordPress installed in different directory.
- Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.com.
- Click the profile icon () on the top right side of the page. From the Business Profile menu, select Profile and Settings, then select My selling tools.
Note: If you do not see the profile icon on the top right, navigate to My Account > Profile > My Selling Tools.
- Click the Update link in the Instant payment notifications row, in the Getting paid and managing my risk section.
- Click Choose IPN Settings to specify your listener’s URL and activate the listener. The following page opens:
- Specify the URL for your listener in the Notification URL field.
- Click Receive IPN messages (Enabled) to enable your listener.
- Click Save. The following page opens:
Rate this Article
- Getting Started
- Software Licenses
- Contact Form 7 – Recurring Payments Pro
- Contact Form 7 - PayPal & Stripe Add-on Free
- Contact Form 7 - PayPal & Stripe Add-on Pro
- Easy PayPal Button Pro
- Easy PayPal Events Pro
- Easy PayPal Gift Certificate Pro
- Easy PayPal Shopping Cart Pro
- Known issues
- PayPal Donation Pro
- PayPal Subscriptions & Memberships Pro
- Contact Form 7 - Redirect & Thank You Page Pro