Dynamic Recurring Payments and Static Payments Together
This article will discuss how to enable dynamic recurring payments as well as static payments in the same form item.
In this example we will make a dropdown that includes both recurring and static billing options.
1. On the Form tab make a dropdown menu. The different options contains all the parameters needed. The different parameters are separated by pipes which look like |.
Here is an example of a dropdown menu:
[select menu-774 ” Pay Monthly|10.00|1|month|0″ “Pay Once|50.00|1|year|1”]
In the example for the first option, Pay Monthly is the name of the option, 10.00 is the amount, 1 is the billing frequency, month is the period, and 0 for the billing cycle means that billing will go on forever. So this example would result in $10.00 billed every month forever.
In the example for the second option, Pay Once is the name of the option, 50.00 is the amount, 1 is the billing frequency, year is the period, and 1 for the billing cycle means that the billing will only occur one time. So this example would result in $50.00 billed once. The billing frequency and period values are completely ignored with a 1 for the billing cycle.
What options can you use for recurring billing?
- For the amount, you can pass any amount.
- For the billing frequency, you can pass 1-52.
- For the period, you can use day, week, month, year.
- For the billing cycle, you can use 0 and 2-30. Using 0 will mean that the billing will continue forever. This option is only available for PayPal, Stripe will ignore the number of cycles and bill everything forever.
Please note that for Stripe: A maximum of one year interval is allowed (1 year, 12 months, or 52 weeks). For PayPal: A maximum of 5 year interval is allowed.
2. On your forms PayPal & Stripe tab, in Dynamic Values section, enter the dropdown menu form code in the Price Code 1 and Description Code 1 fields and make sure that the Recurring checkbox is checked:
Rate this Article
- Contact Form 7 - Redirect & Thank You Page Pro
- Getting Started
- Software Licenses
- Contact Form 7 – Recurring Payments Pro
- Contact Form 7 - PayPal & Stripe Add-on Free
- Contact Form 7 - PayPal & Stripe Add-on Pro
- Easy PayPal Button Pro
- Easy PayPal Events Pro
- Easy PayPal Gift Certificate Pro
- Easy PayPal Shopping Cart Pro
- Known issues
- PayPal Donation Pro
- PayPal Subscriptions & Memberships Pro